Choosing the right mobile test automation tool can significantly impact the efficiency of your app development lifecycle. In this article, we compare Repeato and Appium—two leading solutions in the realm of app testing.
Repeato offers a no-code, AI-powered approach with computer vision, ideal for those seeking a user-friendly, non-technical testing process for both iOS and Android platforms. Conversely, Appium is an open-source framework requiring coding knowledge, supporting web, Android, and iOS testing with a more technical, customizable experience. Understand their unique features, ease of use, and platform compatibility to decide the best fit for your testing needs.
Latest update: 1/12/2024, 1:25:33 PM
We do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information presented on our website. This includes prices, product specifications, and availability, which are subject to change. The reviews on this site are collected from g2.com and crozdesk.com and summarized by us.
Feature comparison of Repeato and Appium
|Free Plan Available
|On Premise Available
|Device Farm Available
|Uses Computer Vision
|Ease Of Use
|very easy to learn
|requires expert technical knowledge
1. Simple and intuitive interface
2. Easy setup process, no complex configurations needed
3. Accessibility for both developers and non-programmers
4. Supports various testing methods like clicks, drags and scripting
5. Exceptional stability, no crashes or driver issues
6. Regular updates with bug fixes and excellent customer support
7. Great for mobile app testing, with efficient script creation
8. Allows for hundreds of additional tests each day
9. User-friendly, with easy adaptation and no initial setup required
10. Recognizes elements using visual fingerprints for testing
11. Allows for reusability and easy maintenance of scripts
12. No prior training or complex coding skills needed
1. Some limitations for iOS applications when tapping on any system window outside of the app
2. Access to CI/CD tools is only available at the enterprise level
3. Occasional unknown errors while performing basic tasks, although they are quickly remedied in the next version.
Pricing Model Comparison: Repeato vs Appium
Repeato Pricing Overview
Repeato’s pricing model is designed to accommodate a range of users, from individual developers to large enterprises. The model includes:
- Free Plan: Ideal for individuals or small projects, offering basic testing features at no cost.
- Basic Plan: Priced at €70 per month per user, providing unlimited testing minutes and additional features beyond the Free plan.
- Pro Plan: At €120 per month per user, this includes all Basic features plus priority support and more advanced testing capabilities.
- Enterprise Plan: A custom solution tailored to the needs of large organizations, with pricing available on request. Each plan provides unlimited Android and iOS tests and email support, with the option to upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at any time.
Appium Pricing Overview
Appium operates on a completely different model:
- Free Open Source Software: Appium is available at no cost, as it is an open-source tool. It doesn’t follow a traditional pricing model and is maintained by the community.
Comparison of Pricing Models
When comparing the pricing models of Repeato and Appium, several key points and differences emerge:
- Accessibility: Both tools are accessible to individuals or small teams without a budget, with Repeato offering a Free plan and Appium being entirely free as open-source software.
- Support for Mobile Testing: Each platform facilitates testing for mobile applications on Android and iOS.
- Pricing Structure: Repeato uses a tiered subscription model with escalating features and support, while Appium is free for all users.
- Cost of Advanced Features: Repeato charges for advanced features and additional support through its Basic and Pro plans, whereas Appium’s open-source nature means that all features are available for free, albeit without official support.
- Enterprise Solutions: Repeato provides a tailored Enterprise plan with personalized pricing, whereas Appium, being open-source, does not offer a formal enterprise solution but can be scaled as needed by the organization using community or third-party support.
- Support and Services: Repeato offers structured support, with higher-tier plans including priority assistance. In contrast, Appium’s support is community-driven and may not have the same level of responsiveness or organization.
- Commitment Flexibility: With Repeato, users can change their subscription level or cancel at any time. Appium users have no subscription to manage, but may incur costs if they opt for third-party services or integrations.
- Discounts and Offers: Repeato may provide discounts for NGOs, educational use, and annual commitments, which is a pricing flexibility not applicable to Appium.
Conclusion: The Repeato pricing model is structured to scale with a user’s needs, offering more features and support with each tier, suitable for a range of users from individuals to large enterprises. Appium, on the other hand, serves users who are looking for a no-cost solution with the understanding that they will rely on community support and their own resources to manage and scale their testing framework. The choice between the two will largely depend on the specific needs, budget, and desired level of support of the user or organization.