In the dynamic realm of software testing, Katalon and Mobot stand out with distinct approaches. Katalon is a comprehensive software quality management platform, offering AI-augmented test authoring and execution with a focus on ease-of-use for web and mobile platforms.
It provides no-code solutions, extensive integrations, and free plan options suitable for diverse team sizes. In contrast, Mobot leverages real robots powered by AI for mobile app testing, delivering unique, hands-on QA solutions without a free tier, tailored for teams that need physical interaction for mobile app quality assurance. This comparison will delve into their capabilities to help you choose the right tool for your needs.
Latest update: 1/29/2024, 3:34:32 PM
We do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information presented on our website. This includes prices, product specifications, and availability, which are subject to change. The reviews on this site are collected from g2.com and crozdesk.com and summarized by us.
Feature comparison of Katalon and Mobot
|Uses Computer Vision
|Ease Of Use
|easy to learn
|very easy to learn
|Is Open Source
– Reduced Effort in Test Maintenance: Users report that Katalon simplifies the creation and maintenance of reusable methods, which can reduce time and effort significantly.
– Built-in Reporting Features: The platform automatically captures snapshots on test failures, which enhances the efficiency of reporting.
– Comprehensive Test Features: Offers features like Record, Object Spy, and Frame Handling, which streamline the testing process.
– Low Learning Curve: Katalon is accessible to manual testers, allowing them to transition to automation testing with minimal training.
– Cross-Functional Testing Support: It supports UI, API, and Mobile testing within a single platform, reducing the need to manage different tools for different types of testing.
– Community and Customer Support: There is strong community support for the free version and dedicated customer support for the paid version.
– Facilitates Cross-Functional Roles: Enables testers to handle both manual and automated testing, effectively becoming cross-functional team members.
– CI/CD Integration: For those who opt for the paid version, it offers Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment integration.
– Codeless Automation: Provides a codeless automation option, making it accessible for teams with limited coding knowledge.
– Efficiency in Test Execution: Users find that Katalon allows for faster test execution compared to manual testing, enabling more extensive and frequent testing.
– Separate Licensing: Some users find the need for separate licenses for different features to be a disadvantage.
– Cost for Advanced Features: Advanced features like CI/CD integration and Visual Testing require a paid license.
– Mobile Execution Issues: There have been reports of instability during mobile test execution, where sessions unexpectedly close.
– High Resource Usage: Users with less powerful hardware have experienced performance issues, indicating the platform may require substantial system resources.
– Lack of Support for Legacy Systems: Katalon currently does not support automation testing for legacy Java UIs, which can be a limitation for some organizations.
– Limited TestOps Analytics: The free version has limitations on the analytical results available through TestOps, pushing users towards the paid version for full functionality.
– Separate Licensing for Cloud Features: Features like Parallel Cloud Execution and Cloud Tunnelling require additional licensing, which can increase costs.
– Limited Free Features: Some users feel that the most valuable features are locked behind the paid version, which can be a barrier for smaller teams or individual users.
– Hardware Demands: The platform’s demand on hardware resources can lead to slower performance on less capable machines.
– No Bundled Packages: Users would prefer bundled packages for the various Katalon products to simplify licensing and possibly reduce costs.
Comparative Analysis of Katalon and Mobot Pricing Models
Katalon Pricing Overview
Katalon presents a flexible pricing strategy for its Software Quality Management Platform, tailored to accommodate various team sizes and testing needs. The platform’s pricing tiers include:
- Starter Plan: Free, targeting small teams or beginners with essential test automation features.
- Premium Plan: Priced at $167 per month (when billed annually), for professional-grade test creation and dynamic testing workflows.
- Ultimate Plan: Offers enterprise-grade features with custom pricing.
Katalon incentivizes annual billing with up to a 25% discount and provides package deals and discounts for new customers. Their platform supports a wide range of testing including web, API, mobile, and desktop, with AI-powered and visual testing capabilities.
Mobot Pricing Overview
Mobot adopts a tiered pricing model that serves various team roles and requirements. The model offers:
- Mobot Live: Starting at $249 per month for one parallel test, aimed at QA engineers with self-service, live robot testing.
- Mobot Managed: Begins at $1,999 per month, designed for engineering teams requiring fully managed testing services and test suite maintenance.
- Mobot Insights: Also starting at $1,999 per month, targeting marketing and product teams with mobile campaign monitoring and performance reports.
All Mobot tiers grant access to a vast selection of over 300 mobile devices and include premium support, with free trial options available.
Comparing Pricing Models
Both Katalon and Mobot offer a tiered structure that caters to different user groups and provide more features at higher pricing levels. They both offer plans that are suitable for small to large teams and incentivize longer-term commitments through annual billing discounts or custom pricing for advanced plans. Additionally, each company provides special deals for new or existing customers and includes support options in their pricing.
- Pricing Flexibility: Katalon’s approach is more flexible, with a free Starter Plan for basic needs, while Mobot’s entry-level plan starts at $249 per month.
- Target Audience: Katalon is designed to cover a broad spectrum of testing scenarios including web, API, mobile, and desktop, whereas Mobot specializes in mobile device testing.
- Managed Services: Mobot’s Managed and Insights plans offer fully managed testing services, while Katalon’s higher-tier plans focus on providing advanced features rather than a managed service.
- Customization and Enterprise Features: Katalon’s Ultimate plan requires custom pricing and is tailored for enterprise-grade needs, which contrasts with Mobot’s fixed pricing for its managed services.
- Free Offerings: Katalon provides a free plan for basic automation testing, making it accessible without any initial investment, unlike Mobot which does not have a free tier but offers free trials.
In conclusion, Katalon offers a more accessible entry point with a free tier and a gradual increase in features and pricing, suited for a range of testing types. Mobot, on the other hand, targets teams that require robust mobile testing solutions with a focus on managed services and insights, starting at a higher entry price but with access to an extensive device library. Readers should consider their specific testing requirements, team size, and budget when choosing between these two pricing models.