Choosing the right test automation tool can be pivotal for your QA process. In this article, we compare testRigor and Katalon, two leading platforms in the industry.
testRigor stands out as a no-code AI-powered solution that lets users create tests in plain English, ideal for teams with limited technical expertise. It integrates with third-party device farms and offers test scheduling for CI/CD pipelines. On the other hand, Katalon offers a comprehensive quality management platform with AI-augmented capabilities and visual testing, suitable for a range of industries and team sizes, with flexible pricing and educational resources.
Latest update: 1/31/2024, 3:45:26 PM
We do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information presented on our website. This includes prices, product specifications, and availability, which are subject to change. The reviews on this site are collected from g2.com and crozdesk.com and summarized by us.
Feature comparison of testRigor and Katalon
|Uses Computer Vision
|Ease Of Use
|very easy to learn
|easy to learn
|Is Open Source
1. Allows writing and generating test scripts using plain English statements.
2. Offers integration with various tools such as JIRA and TestRail.
3. Capable of running tests on multiple browsers and devices simultaneously.
4. Features automatic test script generation, saving time and effort.
5. Provides efficient customer support, ensuring ease of use and implementation.
6. Eliminates the need for learning different programming languages or testing frameworks.
7. Enables the entire team to write end-to-end UI tests quickly without programming knowledge.
8. Generates human-readable test scripts that are easily understandable by anyone.
9. Automates test cases in a very short span of time.
10. Serves as a scalable solution for building a software testing process in non-software companies.
– Reduced Effort in Test Maintenance: Users report that Katalon simplifies the creation and maintenance of reusable methods, which can reduce time and effort significantly.
– Built-in Reporting Features: The platform automatically captures snapshots on test failures, which enhances the efficiency of reporting.
– Comprehensive Test Features: Offers features like Record, Object Spy, and Frame Handling, which streamline the testing process.
– Low Learning Curve: Katalon is accessible to manual testers, allowing them to transition to automation testing with minimal training.
– Cross-Functional Testing Support: It supports UI, API, and Mobile testing within a single platform, reducing the need to manage different tools for different types of testing.
– Community and Customer Support: There is strong community support for the free version and dedicated customer support for the paid version.
– Facilitates Cross-Functional Roles: Enables testers to handle both manual and automated testing, effectively becoming cross-functional team members.
– CI/CD Integration: For those who opt for the paid version, it offers Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment integration.
– Codeless Automation: Provides a codeless automation option, making it accessible for teams with limited coding knowledge.
– Efficiency in Test Execution: Users find that Katalon allows for faster test execution compared to manual testing, enabling more extensive and frequent testing.
1. The tool has been reported to crash occasionally, leading to more test case failures.
2. The cost of server resources may be a concern for some users.
3. Lacks educational materials to help improve QA efficiency for companies with less experience.
4. Some users have experienced issues with server responsiveness.
5. Initial challenges may be faced by companies with a limited QA team and lack of software testing knowledge.
– Separate Licensing: Some users find the need for separate licenses for different features to be a disadvantage.
– Cost for Advanced Features: Advanced features like CI/CD integration and Visual Testing require a paid license.
– Mobile Execution Issues: There have been reports of instability during mobile test execution, where sessions unexpectedly close.
– High Resource Usage: Users with less powerful hardware have experienced performance issues, indicating the platform may require substantial system resources.
– Lack of Support for Legacy Systems: Katalon currently does not support automation testing for legacy Java UIs, which can be a limitation for some organizations.
– Limited TestOps Analytics: The free version has limitations on the analytical results available through TestOps, pushing users towards the paid version for full functionality.
– Separate Licensing for Cloud Features: Features like Parallel Cloud Execution and Cloud Tunnelling require additional licensing, which can increase costs.
– Limited Free Features: Some users feel that the most valuable features are locked behind the paid version, which can be a barrier for smaller teams or individual users.
– Hardware Demands: The platform’s demand on hardware resources can lead to slower performance on less capable machines.
– No Bundled Packages: Users would prefer bundled packages for the various Katalon products to simplify licensing and possibly reduce costs.
Pricing Model Comparison: testRigor vs. Katalon
testRigor Pricing Overview
testRigor offers a tiered pricing model that includes:
- Free Plan: Suitable for open-source projects with unlimited users, test cases, and suites. However, tests and results are publicly visible.
- Private Plan: Starting at $900 per month, this plan adds privacy and features like private tests and the option to buy additional parallelizations. It also includes a 14-day trial.
- Enterprise Plan: Offers custom pricing for larger organizations and includes a dedicated manager, Slack support, and potential for on-premise deployment.
All plans offer unlimited users and test cases.
Katalon Pricing Overview
Katalon provides a flexible pricing model with several tiers:
- Starter Plan: Free and designed for small teams or beginners, offering basic test automation capabilities.
- Premium Plan: Priced at $167 per month (billed annually), this plan is for professional-grade test creation and dynamic testing workflows.
- Ultimate Plan: This plan requires custom pricing and offers enterprise-grade features.
All plans come with annual billing discounts, package deals, and special discounts for new customers. Katalon’s platform supports a range of testing types, including AI-powered and visual testing.
Comparison of Pricing Models
When comparing the pricing models of testRigor and Katalon, several key points and differences emerge:
- Tiered Structures: Both testRigor and Katalon offer a tiered pricing model, catering to different scales and needs of users.
- Free Options Available: Each provides a free plan designed to accommodate the needs of small teams or open-source projects.
- Unlimited Users: Both platforms allow an unlimited number of users across their plans.
- Enterprise Customization: They offer custom pricing options for their top-tier enterprise plans, which include additional support and features tailored to larger organizations.
- Visibility of Tests: testRigor’s free plan includes public visibility of tests and results, whereas Katalon’s free plan does not specify this condition.
- Trial Period: testRigor provides a 14-day trial for its Private plan, while Katalon does not explicitly mention a trial period for its paid plans.
- Pricing Flexibility: Katalon offers more flexible pricing with significant annual discounts and special deals for new customers, in contrast to testRigor’s more straightforward tiered pricing.
- Advanced Features: Katalon’s paid plans are specifically differentiated by the level of features offered, with the Ultimate plan providing enterprise-grade capabilities. testRigor’s differentiation mainly focuses on privacy and execution speed (via parallelizations).
- Support Types: testRigor’s Enterprise plan includes Slack support and a dedicated manager, while Katalon emphasizes its comprehensive testing support across web, API, mobile, and desktop testing.
In summary, while both testRigor and Katalon provide tiered pricing models with free and enterprise options, Katalon offers more nuanced pricing flexibility and a broader range of testing support. In contrast, testRigor focuses on the scalability of testing execution and privacy features. Potential users should consider their specific needs for test automation, scale of operations, and budget when choosing between these two platforms.