In the world of mobile app testing, choosing the right tool is pivotal for efficiency and effectiveness. Repeato offers a no-code, AI-enhanced solution that simplifies UI test creation for both iOS and Android apps, leveraging computer vision for fast execution.
In contrast, Robolectric caters to Android developers with a code-centric approach, enabling unit testing in a simulated JVM environment. This article will delineate the distinct features and capabilities of Repeato and Robolectric, helping you to discern which tool best aligns with your testing requirements.
Latest update: 1/12/2024, 1:25:33 PM
We do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information presented on our website. This includes prices, product specifications, and availability, which are subject to change. The reviews on this site are collected from g2.com and crozdesk.com and summarized by us.
Feature comparison of Repeato and Robolectric
|Free Plan Available
|On Premise Available
|Device Farm Available
|Uses Computer Vision
|Ease Of Use
|very easy to learn
|requires expert technical knowledge
1. Simple and intuitive interface
2. Easy setup process, no complex configurations needed
3. Accessibility for both developers and non-programmers
4. Supports various testing methods like clicks, drags and scripting
5. Exceptional stability, no crashes or driver issues
6. Regular updates with bug fixes and excellent customer support
7. Great for mobile app testing, with efficient script creation
8. Allows for hundreds of additional tests each day
9. User-friendly, with easy adaptation and no initial setup required
10. Recognizes elements using visual fingerprints for testing
11. Allows for reusability and easy maintenance of scripts
12. No prior training or complex coding skills needed
1. Some limitations for iOS applications when tapping on any system window outside of the app
2. Access to CI/CD tools is only available at the enterprise level
3. Occasional unknown errors while performing basic tasks, although they are quickly remedied in the next version.
Summary of Pricing Models: Repeato vs. Robolectric
Repeato’s Pricing Overview:
- Free Plan: €0/month, suitable for individuals or small projects
- Basic Plan: €70/month per user, unlimited testing minutes, additional features
- Pro Plan: €120/month per user, unlimited testing minutes, priority support, advanced testing features
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing, tailored for larger organizations with specific needs
- Common Features: Unlimited Android and iOS tests, various assertions and commands, email support
- Flexibility: Options to upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at any time
- Discounts: Possible for NGOs, educational uses, and annual commitments
Robolectric’s Pricing Overview:
- Pricing Model: Completely free, open-source software
Comparison of Pricing Models:
When comparing the pricing models of Repeato and Robolectric, we observe both commonalities and distinct differences that cater to different user needs.
Both Repeato and Robolectric offer solutions that enable users to conduct Android and iOS tests. They share a common goal of providing accessible testing tools to developers. Additionally, both platforms allow for various assertions and commands to facilitate comprehensive testing.
- Repeato operates on a tiered pricing model with a free plan and subsequent paid plans that increase in cost based on the level of features and support provided.
- Robolectric, on the other hand, is entirely free as it is an open-source software, making it accessible to anyone without any financial commitment.
Support and Features:
- Repeato’s paid plans include additional features such as priority support and advanced testing capabilities, which are not explicitly mentioned for Robolectric. This suggests that Repeato might offer more sophisticated tools and dedicated assistance in its paid tiers.
- As an open-source project, Robolectric’s support and feature enhancements are typically community-driven, relying on the contributions of its users and developers.
- Repeato provides flexibility in its subscription model, allowing users to upgrade, downgrade, or cancel their plans based on their project needs. This flexibility is advantageous for businesses with changing requirements.
- With Robolectric being free, there is inherently no need for a subscription model, making it a low-risk option for developers who are looking for a testing tool without any financial strings attached.
- Repeato seems to target a broad range of users from individuals to large enterprises with its scalable pricing model.
- Robolectric is likely more appealing to individual developers, smaller teams, or organizations with limited budgets, as well as those who prefer to use and contribute to open-source software.
In conclusion, Repeato’s pricing model offers a scalable solution with a range of plans to accommodate different user needs and project sizes, which includes a free tier and progressively advanced paid options. Robolectric, being a free open-source tool, provides an accessible option for those seeking a cost-free solution without the additional perks that come with paid plans. Users should consider their specific requirements, budget constraints, and the importance of support and advanced features when choosing between these two testing tools.