In the realm of mobile app testing, Repeato and Earl Grey present distinct approaches. Repeato is a no-code, AI-driven tool leveraging computer vision for testing both Android and iOS apps, designed for users of all technical levels.
It offers a seamless interface and integration with CI/CD pipelines. Conversely, Earl Grey is a developer-centric, open-source iOS framework that integrates with XCTest, targeting users with technical expertise. It focuses on test stability with synchronization features and supports iOS 13 and above. This comparison will clarify their unique features and assess which tool best suits your needs.
Latest update: 1/12/2024, 1:25:33 PM
We do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information presented on our website. This includes prices, product specifications, and availability, which are subject to change. The reviews on this site are collected from g2.com and crozdesk.com and summarized by us.
Feature comparison of Repeato and Earl Gray
|Free Plan Available
|On Premise Available
|Device Farm Available
|Uses Computer Vision
|Ease Of Use
|very easy to learn
|requires expert technical knowledge
1. Simple and intuitive interface
2. Easy setup process, no complex configurations needed
3. Accessibility for both developers and non-programmers
4. Supports various testing methods like clicks, drags and scripting
5. Exceptional stability, no crashes or driver issues
6. Regular updates with bug fixes and excellent customer support
7. Great for mobile app testing, with efficient script creation
8. Allows for hundreds of additional tests each day
9. User-friendly, with easy adaptation and no initial setup required
10. Recognizes elements using visual fingerprints for testing
11. Allows for reusability and easy maintenance of scripts
12. No prior training or complex coding skills needed
1. Some limitations for iOS applications when tapping on any system window outside of the app
2. Access to CI/CD tools is only available at the enterprise level
3. Occasional unknown errors while performing basic tasks, although they are quickly remedied in the next version.
Pricing Model Comparison: Repeato vs. Earl Gray
Repeato Pricing Overview
Repeato’s pricing model is tiered and subscription-based, aimed at a range of users from individuals to large enterprises. It includes:
- Free plan: €0 per month, designed for individuals or small projects.
- Basic plan: €70 per month per user, offering unlimited monthly testing minutes and additional features.
- Pro plan: €120 per month per user, providing advanced features on top of the Basic plan offerings.
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing, suitable for large organizations with specific requirements.
All plans feature unlimited tests on Android and iOS, various assertion and command options, and email support. Higher tiers add benefits such as priority support and advanced testing capabilities. Users have the flexibility to change their subscription status and may be eligible for discounts under certain conditions.
Earl Gray Pricing Overview
Earl Gray is positioned differently in the market:
- The software is free and open-source, with no direct cost for using the platform. It is likely supported by a community of developers and may offer optional paid support or services.
Comparison of Pricing Models
Both Repeato and Earl Gray offer a free option to get started, which is particularly attractive for individuals, hobbyists, or small projects looking to implement test automation without initial investment.
The primary differences between the two pricing models are:
- Repeato operates on a subscription basis with clearly defined pricing tiers, including a free version and progressively more feature-rich paid versions.
- Earl Gray is entirely free as it is open-source software, potentially relying on community support and contributions.
Support and Services:
- Repeato provides email support across all plans, with priority support available for higher-tier subscribers. This can be a crucial factor for businesses requiring reliable and timely assistance.
- Earl Gray, being open-source, may offer community-based support, which can vary in responsiveness and expertise. Professional support might be available but typically as a separate service.
Features and Scalability:
- Repeato offers a scalable solution with its Basic and Pro plans, targeting different user needs and project sizes, and providing advanced features in its paid plans.
- Earl Gray does not have tiered features; all functionalities are accessible from the start, but may lack the advanced features or integrations that come with paid solutions like Repeato.
Customization and Enterprise Needs:
- Repeato specifically addresses the needs of larger organizations with its Enterprise plan, which includes tailored solutions and pricing.
- Earl Gray may be customizable due to its open-source nature, but it might require in-house or third-party development expertise, and the level of enterprise readiness may be uncertain.
Commitment and Flexibility:
- Repeato allows users to upgrade, downgrade, or cancel subscriptions at any time, offering flexibility for changing business needs.
- Earl Gray is inherently flexible in terms of cost commitment since it is free, but organizations might need to consider the investment in development or support services if required.
In conclusion, Repeato’s model is structured to cater to a broad audience with varying needs and offers a clear path for scaling, while Earl Gray’s model appeals to users with a preference for open-source software and potentially lower direct costs, albeit with different considerations for support and features.