When comparing mobile app testing tools, Repeato and Detox stand out for their unique features. Repeato is a no-code, AI-driven tool that leverages computer vision for easy UI testing across iOS and Android platforms.
Latest update: 1/12/2024, 1:25:33 PM
We do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information presented on our website. This includes prices, product specifications, and availability, which are subject to change. The reviews on this site are collected from g2.com and crozdesk.com and summarized by us.
Feature comparison of Repeato and Detox
|Free Plan Available
|On Premise Available
|Device Farm Available
|Uses Computer Vision
|Ease Of Use
|very easy to learn
|requires expert technical knowledge
1. Simple and intuitive interface
2. Easy setup process, no complex configurations needed
3. Accessibility for both developers and non-programmers
4. Supports various testing methods like clicks, drags and scripting
5. Exceptional stability, no crashes or driver issues
6. Regular updates with bug fixes and excellent customer support
7. Great for mobile app testing, with efficient script creation
8. Allows for hundreds of additional tests each day
9. User-friendly, with easy adaptation and no initial setup required
10. Recognizes elements using visual fingerprints for testing
11. Allows for reusability and easy maintenance of scripts
12. No prior training or complex coding skills needed
1. Some limitations for iOS applications when tapping on any system window outside of the app
2. Access to CI/CD tools is only available at the enterprise level
3. Occasional unknown errors while performing basic tasks, although they are quickly remedied in the next version.
Pricing Comparison: Repeato vs. Detox
Repeato’s Pricing Model
Repeato operates on a tiered pricing strategy designed to accommodate a broad spectrum of users, from individuals to large enterprises. It offers:
- Free Plan: Aimed at beginners or small projects, offering basic features at no cost.
- Basic Plan: Costs €70 per month per user, catering to users who need more than the Free plan.
- Pro Plan: Priced at €120 per month per user, it includes unlimited testing minutes and advanced features.
- Enterprise Plan: Customized pricing for large organizations with specific needs.
All Repeato plans cover unlimited Android and iOS tests, a range of testing commands, and email support, with premium plans providing priority support and enhanced testing features. Users have the flexibility to change their subscription status, and potential discounts are available for specific groups and long-term commitments.
Detox’s Pricing Model
Detox stands apart as it is a free open-source software, meaning it is available at no cost for all users. As an open-source platform, it relies on community contributions for development and support.
Comparative Analysis of Pricing Models
- Both Repeato and Detox offer solutions that are accessible without financial commitment, allowing users to conduct Android and iOS tests.
- They provide the flexibility to support various project scales, from individual developers to potentially larger enterprises.
- The intention to make testing automation accessible is evident in both, with options for users to begin testing without upfront investment.
- Cost Structure: Repeato employs a multi-tier subscription model with escalating costs and features, whereas Detox is completely free, relying on the open-source model for support and updates.
- Support and Features: Repeato’s paid plans offer structured support including email and priority options, alongside advanced testing capabilities. In contrast, Detox support is community-driven, which may vary in responsiveness and expertise.
- Customization for Enterprises: Repeato specifically caters to larger organizations through its Enterprise plan with custom pricing and solutions, a contrast to the one-size-fits-all approach of Detox.
- Commitment Incentives: Repeato offers potential discounts for annual commitments and certain groups like NGOs and educational institutions, a pricing incentive that is not applicable to Detox’s free nature.
In summary, Repeato’s model is structured to scale with a user’s needs and provides a more traditional commercial approach with dedicated support and advanced features. Detox, on the other hand, offers a cost-free, community-supported alternative that may appeal to users with budget constraints or those who prefer to rely on the collaborative nature of open-source software. Users should weigh these considerations against their project requirements, support expectations, and budgetary constraints to make an informed decision.