When it comes to Android app testing, Katalon and Screenshot-tests for Android are two distinct tools with unique capabilities. Katalon is a comprehensive quality management platform featuring AI-augmented tools for a variety of testing types, including visual, with a moderate ease of use.
It suits diverse industries and offers both no-code and coded solutions. Contrastingly, Screenshot-tests for Android focuses solely on Android platforms, providing developers with utilities for automated screenshot testing to ensure visual consistency, requiring a higher level of technical expertise. Both tools cater to on-premise needs but differ in their approach to test automation and platform support.
Latest update: 1/29/2024, 3:34:32 PM
We do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information presented on our website. This includes prices, product specifications, and availability, which are subject to change. The reviews on this site are collected from g2.com and crozdesk.com and summarized by us.
Feature comparison of Katalon and Screenshot-tests for Android
|Screenshot-tests for Android
|Uses Computer Vision
|Ease Of Use
|easy to learn
|requires expert technical knowledge
|Is Open Source
– Reduced Effort in Test Maintenance: Users report that Katalon simplifies the creation and maintenance of reusable methods, which can reduce time and effort significantly.
– Built-in Reporting Features: The platform automatically captures snapshots on test failures, which enhances the efficiency of reporting.
– Comprehensive Test Features: Offers features like Record, Object Spy, and Frame Handling, which streamline the testing process.
– Low Learning Curve: Katalon is accessible to manual testers, allowing them to transition to automation testing with minimal training.
– Cross-Functional Testing Support: It supports UI, API, and Mobile testing within a single platform, reducing the need to manage different tools for different types of testing.
– Community and Customer Support: There is strong community support for the free version and dedicated customer support for the paid version.
– Facilitates Cross-Functional Roles: Enables testers to handle both manual and automated testing, effectively becoming cross-functional team members.
– CI/CD Integration: For those who opt for the paid version, it offers Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment integration.
– Codeless Automation: Provides a codeless automation option, making it accessible for teams with limited coding knowledge.
– Efficiency in Test Execution: Users find that Katalon allows for faster test execution compared to manual testing, enabling more extensive and frequent testing.
– Separate Licensing: Some users find the need for separate licenses for different features to be a disadvantage.
– Cost for Advanced Features: Advanced features like CI/CD integration and Visual Testing require a paid license.
– Mobile Execution Issues: There have been reports of instability during mobile test execution, where sessions unexpectedly close.
– High Resource Usage: Users with less powerful hardware have experienced performance issues, indicating the platform may require substantial system resources.
– Lack of Support for Legacy Systems: Katalon currently does not support automation testing for legacy Java UIs, which can be a limitation for some organizations.
– Limited TestOps Analytics: The free version has limitations on the analytical results available through TestOps, pushing users towards the paid version for full functionality.
– Separate Licensing for Cloud Features: Features like Parallel Cloud Execution and Cloud Tunnelling require additional licensing, which can increase costs.
– Limited Free Features: Some users feel that the most valuable features are locked behind the paid version, which can be a barrier for smaller teams or individual users.
– Hardware Demands: The platform’s demand on hardware resources can lead to slower performance on less capable machines.
– No Bundled Packages: Users would prefer bundled packages for the various Katalon products to simplify licensing and possibly reduce costs.
Pricing Overview of Katalon and Screenshot-tests for Android
Katalon Pricing Description
Katalon presents a tiered pricing strategy for its Software Quality Management Platform, tailored to accommodate teams with diverse profiles and needs. The platform’s Starter Plan is available at no cost, targeting small teams or individuals who are new to test automation, and includes basic test automation features. For more advanced capabilities, the Premium Plan is offered at a monthly cost of $167 when billed annually, aimed at professional users requiring sophisticated test creation and dynamic testing environments. For organizations seeking enterprise-level functions, Katalon proposes the Ultimate Plan, which is subject to custom pricing to align with the specific demands of larger teams. Katalon incentivizes annual billing with discounts of up to 25%, and offers package deals that bundle various licenses and test result options. Additionally, new customers can benefit from special discounts on their initial licenses. Katalon’s platform supports a comprehensive range of testing including web, API, mobile, and desktop, and integrates AI-powered and visual testing capabilities.
Screenshot-tests for Android Pricing Description
Screenshot-tests for Android takes a different approach by being a free open-source software. This model provides a cost-effective solution for Android developers looking to implement screenshot-based testing without any financial barriers. As an open-source tool, it is maintained by the community, and users can contribute to its development.
Comparison of Pricing Models
At the most basic level, both Katalon and Screenshot-tests for Android offer a free entry point for users. This allows small teams or individual developers to start using the tools without an initial investment, making them accessible to a wide audience.
The key differences between the two products’ pricing models are significant:
- Cost Structure: Katalon adopts a subscription-based model with escalating tiers, while Screenshot-tests for Android is entirely free and open-source.
- Target Audience: Katalon’s model is designed to scale with the size and complexity of the team’s needs, from small to enterprise levels. Screenshot-tests for Android, on the other hand, is universal, targeting any Android developer regardless of team size.
- Features and Support: With Katalon, the premium tiers provide access to more advanced features and presumably better support. Screenshot-tests for Android, being open-source, relies on community support and the features are limited to what the community has developed.
- Commitment and Savings: Katalon encourages long-term commitment by offering discounts for annual billing, whereas Screenshot-tests for Android has no billing or commitment requirements.
- Customization and Enterprise Services: Katalon’s Ultimate Plan offers custom pricing which likely includes personalized services and support for larger organizations, something not available with the open-source Screenshot-tests for Android.
In summary, Katalon offers a structured pricing model with tiered plans that cater to different team sizes and requirements, including professional and enterprise services, with incentives for annual commitments. Screenshot-tests for Android, while limited in features compared to Katalon’s premium offerings, provides a free, community-driven solution without any cost associated with its use, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious developers and teams.