In the realm of software testing, choosing the right tool can significantly enhance your team’s productivity. Katalon is a comprehensive quality management platform with AI-augmented features, supporting web, Android, and iOS testing.
It’s designed for ease of use, offering both low-code and no-code options. On the other hand, Android Testify focuses exclusively on Android, requiring expert technical knowledge for UI quality assurance through screenshot comparisons. While Katalon offers a robust suite of features including device farm integration and report generation, Android Testify is an open-source alternative that excels in visual testing within Android Studio environments.
Latest update: 1/31/2024, 3:45:24 PM
We do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information presented on our website. This includes prices, product specifications, and availability, which are subject to change. The reviews on this site are collected from g2.com and crozdesk.com and summarized by us.
Feature comparison of Katalon and Android Testify
|Uses Computer Vision
|Ease Of Use
|easy to learn
|requires expert technical knowledge
|Is Open Source
– Reduced Effort in Test Maintenance: Users report that Katalon simplifies the creation and maintenance of reusable methods, which can reduce time and effort significantly.
– Built-in Reporting Features: The platform automatically captures snapshots on test failures, which enhances the efficiency of reporting.
– Comprehensive Test Features: Offers features like Record, Object Spy, and Frame Handling, which streamline the testing process.
– Low Learning Curve: Katalon is accessible to manual testers, allowing them to transition to automation testing with minimal training.
– Cross-Functional Testing Support: It supports UI, API, and Mobile testing within a single platform, reducing the need to manage different tools for different types of testing.
– Community and Customer Support: There is strong community support for the free version and dedicated customer support for the paid version.
– Facilitates Cross-Functional Roles: Enables testers to handle both manual and automated testing, effectively becoming cross-functional team members.
– CI/CD Integration: For those who opt for the paid version, it offers Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment integration.
– Codeless Automation: Provides a codeless automation option, making it accessible for teams with limited coding knowledge.
– Efficiency in Test Execution: Users find that Katalon allows for faster test execution compared to manual testing, enabling more extensive and frequent testing.
– Separate Licensing: Some users find the need for separate licenses for different features to be a disadvantage.
– Cost for Advanced Features: Advanced features like CI/CD integration and Visual Testing require a paid license.
– Mobile Execution Issues: There have been reports of instability during mobile test execution, where sessions unexpectedly close.
– High Resource Usage: Users with less powerful hardware have experienced performance issues, indicating the platform may require substantial system resources.
– Lack of Support for Legacy Systems: Katalon currently does not support automation testing for legacy Java UIs, which can be a limitation for some organizations.
– Limited TestOps Analytics: The free version has limitations on the analytical results available through TestOps, pushing users towards the paid version for full functionality.
– Separate Licensing for Cloud Features: Features like Parallel Cloud Execution and Cloud Tunnelling require additional licensing, which can increase costs.
– Limited Free Features: Some users feel that the most valuable features are locked behind the paid version, which can be a barrier for smaller teams or individual users.
– Hardware Demands: The platform’s demand on hardware resources can lead to slower performance on less capable machines.
– No Bundled Packages: Users would prefer bundled packages for the various Katalon products to simplify licensing and possibly reduce costs.
Pricing Overview: Katalon vs. Android Testify
Katalon Pricing Description
Katalon presents a tiered pricing strategy for its Software Quality Management Platform, tailored to accommodate teams of varying sizes and automation needs. The service begins with a Starter Plan at no cost, suitable for small teams or those new to test automation, offering fundamental test automation features. For more sophisticated needs, the Premium plan is available at $167 per month when billed annually, and it includes professional-grade test creation and dynamic testing capabilities. For organizations requiring enterprise-level services, Katalon’s Ultimate plan demands a custom quote. All tiers provide a discount of up to 25% on annual billing. Katalon also extends package deals for various combinations of licenses and test results, along with introductory discounts for new customers purchasing their initial licenses. This pricing model is crafted to ensure a comprehensive quality management experience throughout the entire testing lifecycle, covering web, API, mobile, and desktop testing, and includes modern testing options such as AI-driven and visual testing.
Android Testify Pricing Description
Android Testify takes a different approach, positioning itself as a free open-source software. This model implies that there are no direct costs associated with the acquisition or use of the software, making it an accessible choice for any size of team or budget.
Comparison of Pricing Models
- Both Katalon and Android Testify are designed to cater to software testing needs, albeit with different service and pricing models.
- Each provides a free tier, with Katalon offering a Starter Plan and Android Testify being entirely free as open-source software.
- Pricing Structure: Katalon uses a tiered pricing model with escalating features and support, while Android Testify operates on an open-source model, which is free for all users.
- Cost: Katalon’s advanced features come with a monetary cost, specifically for the Premium and Ultimate plans, whereas Android Testify does not incur any charges, being open-source.
- Target Audience: Katalon’s structured pricing tiers suggest a focus on both small to large enterprises with varying testing needs and budgets. In contrast, Android Testify is likely more appealing to users or organizations with limited financial resources or those who prefer the flexibility of open-source software.
- Enterprise Support: Katalon provides enterprise-grade features and support in its Ultimate plan, a level of service typically not available with free open-source software like Android Testify.
- Long-term Costs: With Katalon, long-term costs can be reduced by opting for annual billing, a financial planning aspect that’s irrelevant for Android Testify users due to its cost-free model.
- Discounts and Deals: Katalon offers package deals and discounts for new customers, a marketing strategy not applicable to Android Testify’s open-source nature.
In summary, Katalon and Android Testify offer distinct pricing models suitable for different types of users. Katalon’s tiered subscription model is feature-rich and caters to a wide range of professional testing requirements, with cost-saving options for longer commitments. Android Testify, on the other hand, serves as a cost-effective solution with its open-source model, particularly beneficial for individuals or organizations with tight budgets or those who prefer the collaborative and flexible nature of open-source software.